Common Name: Ceylon Rotala
This fast-growing and hardy species of Rotala hails from Sri Lanka (former Ceylon,) where it grows in shallow water with plenty of light. It is a stem plant, with 6 to 8 stems each featuring many narrow, light-green leaves, which can develop a pinkish hue under especially strong light. Its growth shape gives it a full and busy, but “light” appearance. This makes it good as a “neutral” species for the background, where it can accentuate red plants.
It can be trimmed or propagated frequently, and will consistently grow back to its full size without needing to be replanted, so long as it gets enough light and CO2 injection. Overall, it is a simple and neutral species of Rotala that can provide a firm foundation for many aquarium setups.
- Rotala has fragile leaves! Be sure to handle with care.
- Final coloration is ultimately dependent upon the conditions this plant is kept in. This is a live plant meaning size, shape and color may vary.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its wrap. Remove the foam surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep “bunched“ aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Lythraceae
Origin: Sri Lanka
Height: 4-12 inches
pH: 4.5 - 8.0
Light: Medium to High
Growth Rate: Fast
No return coverage on live plant shipment
Still Water Aquatics
Risk of shipping
Tc pots are very delicate.
There are probability of shipping damages on tc pots. so try to take it from your local vendor as we are shipping pots to retailers all over india via air or railway in delicate manner with the help of temperature-controlled unit (which is not possible for small retail order).