Ludwigia Inclinata is a beautiful plant with exceptional gold and red leaves that make a dramatic contrast to the usual green foliage. This plant can be difficult to keep, but its beautiful color and unique shape are a welcome reward for the extra effort. L. Inclinata plants have oblong, rounded leaves with a wavy texture that grow in opposite pairs along the length of the stem. If pruned this plant will branch readily, providing a bushy filler for the mid- or background of your tank. If you are keeping this plant in a small tank it is a good idea to prune regularly, as it can easily grow to the top of your tank within a week.
Ludwigia Inclinata prefers medium to high light. Without sufficient light, the plant won’t grow well or show its beautiful colors. Consistent dosing of micronutrients will help the plant grow very quickly. High iron content will bring out more red tones in the plant. CO2 injection is highly recommended for the cultivation of this plant. The plant can be grown submersed or emersed.
Propagation can be achieved by taking cuttings from the main stem of the plant that are replanted into the substrate.
- Ludwigia can be very fragile. Be sure to handle this aquarium plant with care.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Onagraceae
Origin: South America
Growth Rate: Fast
Ludwigia Inclinata dark orange
Return and refund policy
No return coverage on live plant shipment
Still Water Aquatics